ENOC Group celebrates Ramadan with community initiatives
May 02, 2019
Dubai, UAE; May 02, 2019: ENOC Group is celebrating the Holy Month of Ramadan with a number of initiatives that aim to promote the well-being of the community and ENOC’s employees. Aligned with the UAE government’s “Year of Tolerance”, these initiatives encourage the spirit of volunteering among members of the community.
His Excellency Saif Humaid Al Falasi, Group CEO, ENOC, said: “In the Holy Month of Ramadan, we hope to bring together all members of the community to volunteer and take part in initiatives that can positively impact lives of those who are less fortunate. Over the years, we’ve collaborated with various organisations to initiate various activities that enable members of our community in developing a sense of empathy and responsibility towards others. This year, we hope to continue creating venues and opportunities for UAE residents to be actively involved in programmes that reflect the values of this holy month.”
ENOC’s initiatives during the Holy Month of Ramadan include:
- A partnership with Al Ihsan Charity to distribute more than 500,000 Iftar meals to drivers prior to Maghrib prayers, to avoid motorists speeding to reach in time for Iftar; encouraging safe driving.
- In collaboration with Bait Al Khair, members of the community can contribute donations – AED 15 for ‘Iftar Saa’em’ and AED 20 for ‘Zakat El Fitr’. Donations can be made across all ENOC service stations and Tasjeel outlets.
- Over two weeks, ENOC’s Ramadan Truck will travel across 16 locations; including mosques, labour camps, special needs centres in Dubai carrying 6,000 Iftar and Suhoor meals.
- During the last 11 days of Ramadan, ENOC’s Ramadan truck will be traveling on the roads carrying over 20,000 grocery items from ZOOM, to be distributed to the less fortunate.
- ENOC will be hosting an iftar for all its retail staff at their accommodation.
- ENOC’s ZOOM to distribute 70,000 Alokozay boxes with 10 sachets of assorted tea flavours, water, dates, prayer beads and wafer bits to all motorists driving through ENOC service stations.
- EMGAS will partner with Beit Al Khair Society to distribute free LGP refill vouchers to 1,000 underprivileged families in Dubai (including Hatta), Ajman, Umm Al Quawain and Fujairah. Each family will receive a one-time 22 KG cylinder LPG refill between 1st from the first day of Ramadan until 31st December 2019.